Skip to main content

There is Beauty in Impermanence.

                                                        Photo by Simon Berger on Unsplash


One lesson I have been avoiding is how temporary everything can be. I thought that the longer I evaded this lesson, is the longer it would not apply to me. 

Unfortunately, that impermanence also extends to our bonds and relationships.


My good friend Novie says, "We do not own people." And that is very true. We do not own their human experiences nor do we get to dictate how long people stay in our lives . They can walk away when the need arises. We are allowed to go our separate ways.


We often want to stay longer than we should and want to fight for love and relationships, when these things should come easy. We often give in to the urge to stay even when things are no longer healthy. Some of us even stay to the detriment of ourselves and mental health.


Photo by Aleks Marinkovic on Unsplash


Seasons change, people evolve, and that is fine. If we come to see our bonds for what they are; lessons, then it might be easier accepting when things end.

I often think of the bonds I have shared with others which no longer exist. Relationships and friendships end - that is normal. We all evolve overtime and that also means that we will outgrow some of the people in our life. It is okay to grieve the loss but there is no need to feel guilty. 

People come into our lives for different reasons, different seasons and different lessons all the time. Some bonds outlast others but once the person has taught you the lesson that was intended, you will know. I have learned that there is no point in fighting or forcing. 

Letting go, although easier said than done, is an art we all need to learn at one point or another.

It does not mean that we failed - rather we have reached the end of the road our journey together and that is okay.

It is okay to mourn what is gone and what is ending - it is okay to feel all the emotions and not give into the urge to reach out.  






6 Things I have learnt recently:

1. You do not own people. You can not force them to choose you.  
2. People come into our lives for a purpose. That purpose is always fulfilled. 
3. We are all walking each other home. But for how far and how long is the question.
4. Everybody can not come.
5. It is okay to let go. 

6. Choosing to let go makes room for far greater things. 

 

Inhale:

There is beauty in beginnings. 


Exhale:

There is also beauty in endings.


Inhale:

There is beauty in impermanence. 


Exhale:

Nothing lasts forever.


Inhale:

It is okay to let go. 


Exhale:

I welcome new things. 


Thank you for always reading. Love and light to you. 

Comments

  1. I smiled throughout this. We definitely need to learn when people have served their purpose. It's not a failure, gather your lessons and move on. Always have the most love for you. Love and light 💞

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing lasts forever... Very insightful thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It Is Okay To Rest.

 Rest  Photo by Annie Spratt on Unsplash I recently rang a relative to wish her happy birthday and asked her what she planned to do for the day. She candidly replied, "Work. We are a hard-working family, remember?"  She was telling the truth. I grew up watching my family till the soil with their bare hands, after all "by the sweat our brow" we had to eat. There is nothing wrong with working hard to provide for yourself and others but at what cost? I decided a long time ago that would not be my narrative.  Balance  Photo by Karsten Winegeart on Unsplash  I know what it means to work yourself to the ground. I know what it means to grind and hustle. I know what it means to get caught up in the horrors and toxicity of capitalism. I had to watch my mother do it and, for a while, I inherited that culture.  But there is nothing wrong with laying it down and walking away to redefine productivity.  I know what it means to work myself to exhaustion but, I also know what it

Not Afraid of Winning!

 Not Afraid of Winning! Photo by Laurent Perren on Unsplash Like most writers and artists, I struggle with imposter syndrome and anxiety. I almost could not sit down and wield myself to write this blog.  I am learning that the first step to recovery is acknowledging you have a problem. I own that I am often afraid to pick up a pen and write, take my brush and paint much less to share my creations.  Don't get me wrong, I know greatness is in my bones. I know I can bend words and start a movement if I choose. But deep down, when the accolades are covered in dust, I tend to forget the kind of magic that exists within me. Some parts of me refuse to believe that I deserve to win.  Luckily, I am not alone in this battle and one of the perks of being part of a creative community is that you always have the wisdom of others walking you home. I'll always be grateful for my fellow writers (Edd and Erwin) and friends like Novie and Lisa who always encourage me to "do something"

I Am Not Alone.

                                                  I Am Not Alone.                                                                                  Photo by Saffu on Unsplash If we are anything alike, then you most likely value solitude. And there is nothing wrong with that. However, there are lessons that we need to learn alone and those we need to learn through community.  Photo by Hans Vivek on Unsplash I am finally brave enough to embrace a lesson that the Universe has been trying to teach me for some time now. Whenever I go through hard times, my first instinct is to isolate myself. I have been afraid to let others in (with good reason of course). I was afraid to ask for help or reach out.  Recently I came to realize that I am not alone and every dry spell, drought, or wilderness I had to walk through, there was always someone walking me home. I was not alone when I was rendered homeless twice. I was not alone when I had to move out. Neither was I alone when I moved from apartmen