Skip to main content

Gratitude.

As 2022 ends, I greet it with nothing but sheer gratitude. This year was not without its challenges, but there was also the moments of joy. 



                                                        Photo captured in September 2022


I am grateful for the good, the bad and everything in between. I am also grateful for this space where I get to show up as my authentic self and where my writing doesn't have to be perfect. 


There are a few things I will remember most about 2022 -


Surviving Covid-19.

My family and friends surviving Covid-19.

Fighting acne. 

Loving and losing. 

Finding a skincare routine that works. 

Learning to let go of what wasn't mine. 

Shedding dead weight.

I took my meditation practice seriously. 

I took my healing seriously. 

Going back to therapy.

Wondering if I would meet my deadlines for my book. 

Fighting imposter syndrome. 

Fighting depression. 

Finding love and not knowing it was love.

Launching my second book.

Deciding to give love a chance.

Presenting on International Day of the Girl.

Experiencing inflation first-hand.

Experiencing crisis after crisis.

Living by faith and doing things scared.

Slowing down.

Making beautiful memories. 


For many of us it was a roller coaster and there were times we were unsure whether we would make it to the end of 2022. Yet here we are - still standing. If this is not a miracle, I don't know what is. 


We remember those who did not make it to end with us. May their memories live on with us. 


Some of the lessons I learned this year included:

1. You must let go of what no longer serves you to make room for greater things. 

2. Whatever you tell yourself, it is true. 

3. Ask for what you want; do not be afraid of rejection. 

4. You are not alone. There are people rooting for you. 


What stood out for you this year? What lessons did you learn?


Affirmation:

Inhale:

I let go of what no longer serves me. 


Exhale: 

There are far greater things ahead. 


May 2023 be kind and gentle to all of you.


Thank you for sticking around this year and for always reading. Love and light to you, always. 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It Is Okay To Rest.

 Rest  Photo by Annie Spratt on Unsplash I recently rang a relative to wish her happy birthday and asked her what she planned to do for the day. She candidly replied, "Work. We are a hard-working family, remember?"  She was telling the truth. I grew up watching my family till the soil with their bare hands, after all "by the sweat our brow" we had to eat. There is nothing wrong with working hard to provide for yourself and others but at what cost? I decided a long time ago that would not be my narrative.  Balance  Photo by Karsten Winegeart on Unsplash  I know what it means to work yourself to the ground. I know what it means to grind and hustle. I know what it means to get caught up in the horrors and toxicity of capitalism. I had to watch my mother do it and, for a while, I inherited that culture.  But there is nothing wrong with laying it down and walking away to redefine productivity.  I know what it means to work myself to exhaustion but, I also know what it

Not Afraid of Winning!

 Not Afraid of Winning! Photo by Laurent Perren on Unsplash Like most writers and artists, I struggle with imposter syndrome and anxiety. I almost could not sit down and wield myself to write this blog.  I am learning that the first step to recovery is acknowledging you have a problem. I own that I am often afraid to pick up a pen and write, take my brush and paint much less to share my creations.  Don't get me wrong, I know greatness is in my bones. I know I can bend words and start a movement if I choose. But deep down, when the accolades are covered in dust, I tend to forget the kind of magic that exists within me. Some parts of me refuse to believe that I deserve to win.  Luckily, I am not alone in this battle and one of the perks of being part of a creative community is that you always have the wisdom of others walking you home. I'll always be grateful for my fellow writers (Edd and Erwin) and friends like Novie and Lisa who always encourage me to "do something"

I Am Not Alone.

                                                  I Am Not Alone.                                                                                  Photo by Saffu on Unsplash If we are anything alike, then you most likely value solitude. And there is nothing wrong with that. However, there are lessons that we need to learn alone and those we need to learn through community.  Photo by Hans Vivek on Unsplash I am finally brave enough to embrace a lesson that the Universe has been trying to teach me for some time now. Whenever I go through hard times, my first instinct is to isolate myself. I have been afraid to let others in (with good reason of course). I was afraid to ask for help or reach out.  Recently I came to realize that I am not alone and every dry spell, drought, or wilderness I had to walk through, there was always someone walking me home. I was not alone when I was rendered homeless twice. I was not alone when I had to move out. Neither was I alone when I moved from apartmen